The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Clean & stock inventory
- Assist with store layout and product placement.
- Assist customers with purchases, operating cash register and ring sales
- Ability to drive, load and unload donations from truck
- Maintain good customer relations and give prompt and courteous assistance to all customers
- Keep work areas clean and neat to prevent hazards
- Report all accidents/injuries or property damage to supervisor immediately
- Answer telephone and take requests for donation pickups, including making an assessment as to the condition and suitability of the donation as needed.
- Insure that customers are assisted with donations, given proper receipts and thanked for their donations
- Must be able to work within established policy guidelines and be able accept directions and follow instruction
- Monitor customers to insure minimal opportunity for theft and report suspicious behavior to the TS Manager
- Any other duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor or Corps Officer as they relate to the position of TS Worker.
Skill / Requirements
- HS Diploma or GED and valid driver’s license required
- Must possess the ability to treat customers in a friendly and enthusiastic manner as a representative of The Salvation Army
- Must possess a positive attitude and be able to work with other people as well as with the Family Store team.
- Must be able to understand and carry out instructions related to the use of equipment and use it in a safe manner
- Must be able to present a neat appearance as a representative of The Salvation Army
- Ability to count change and process sales using a POS register
- Must possess an understanding of the value of second-hand items and be able to determine usability for the Family Store Program.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.