Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child Nutrition Cashier
at Queen Creek Unified School District
The Child Nutrition cashier is responsible to keep accurate free and reduced data, reconciliation of cash drawers and assists in other areas such as preparation, serving and clean-up as needed.
- Food Handler’s Certificate
- Previous experience handling money desired
- Ability to make change rapidly and accurately
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to operate computerized cash register and
- Ability to operate institutional equipment
- Knowledge of HACCP, and workplace safety requirements
- Ability to lift 50lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work with figures and to make arithmetic calculations
- Ability to communicate with parents, staff and students on Child Nutrition program
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Knowledge of and adheres to all policies, regulations and rules
- Must pass fingerprint and background check
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees and community.
- Collects and accounts for register sales.
- Maintains appropriate change fund for registers.
- Performs cashiering and end of day procedures.
- Monitors lunch/breakfast sales to ensure guidelines/federal regulations are met.
- Ensures product quality by visual inspection to maintain customer satisfaction.
- May be required to place orders, schedule or perform inventory.
- Assists manager in reviewing free and reduced price meal applications and keep accurate and up to date records of required information.
- Assists in keeping student status in computer system accurate.
- Assists in training new employees and students on cashiering procedures and guidelines.
- Displays and demonstrates knowledge of HACCP food safety/sanitation guidelines.
- Assists with the daily cleaning of all kitchen and equipment to ensure cleanliness and to ensure sanitary conditions are met.
- Assists in food preparation and clean up.
- Assists with stocking and replenishing of supplies.
- May be assigned manager duties when manager is absent.
- Performs all duties in a safe and prudent manner as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time, as well as to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to apply physical exertion including running, jumping, climbing, tugging, lifting, pulling, and restraining. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and extreme heat or cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 189 days, 10 month
COMPENSATION: Per the District
BENEFITS: As per District policy
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor
REPORTS TO: Child Nutrition Middle/High School Cafeteria Manager
HOURS: Part time
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Friday, April 12, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)