Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AML Investigator III, Associate/AVP
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Position reports to a Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) Team Leader in AML Operations.
Responsible for performing independent reviews and analysis of possible suspicious activity to ensure compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and the USA Patriot Act. Provides research and evaluation of anti-money laundering (AML) alerts and cases and accurately and sufficiently documents analysis and findings in the MUFG Union Bank case management system. Additionally, may complete defined tasks to support the creation of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) and other relevant documentation related to non-SAR filing decisions. Direct responsibility for quality and integrity of research and analysis completed and documented in SAR forms or within various database. Recommends course of action for most events, with very minimal assistance from manager.
Reviews the most complex clients, requiring a level of experience needed to effectively assess transactions and customer relationships. This position is typically expected to work a very large number of reviews with little oversight. Serves as a subject matter expert for lower level investigators. Assists management in mentoring, coaching, and training lower level investigators. Provides technical guidance to staff for research, analysis and documentation.
May be involved in the interview process for potential candidates for open positions.
May receive delegated responsibilities from management.
- 80% Performs AML alert and case review including research to determine whether suspicious activity exists. Reviews cases and approves SARs for more junior investigators. Works within established FIU performance timeframes and in accordance with quality standards set forth within the FIU procedures. Researches and evaluates AML risks for alerts and cases involving transactions sourced to the automated AML detection and alerting system. Ensures alert and case determinations are appropriate, fully supported, and clearly documented.
- 10% Maintains effective working relationships with key business partners to obtain and validate client information. Maintains the ability to provide good customer service. Requires close working relationships with Financial Crime Risk Management business partners.
- 10% Department support, as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years direct work experience in AML risk analysis or equivalent with related experience in other areas of banking and preferably in the financial services industry.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to multi-task, adapt well to changing priorities and effectively prioritize workflow to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and changing environment; must work well under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills required.
- Excellent working knowledge of AML/BSA laws and regulations relative to money laundering and terrorist financing and the ability to apply this knowledge in assessing transaction activity; monitoring of high risk customer accounts is preferred.
- The ability and willingness to work independently is required.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree, and CAMS certification is preferred.
- Must attend and complete Bank-sponsored job-related training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.