Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pre-Services Associate - Part Time - NSSC
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Part-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 2500 W UTOPIA
- Work Hours
- M, W, F (24 hrs) the first week and T, T (16) the second week of pay period total 40 hours a pay period
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
1 year in healthcare field: including medical office insurance/front desk, hospital registration, hospital business office (billing or collections), diagnostic imaging scheduling. Required
Transcribes all incoming physician orders for outpatient hospital ancillary appointments, including but not limited to diagnostic imaging procedures, transfusions, infusions, non-invasive cardiology procedures, and PFT pulmonary orders received from referring community physician offices. Schedules appointment for all physician faxed or e-orders for procedures listed above. Creates hospital account, determines correct insurance plan coverage and encodes on patient's account. Determines payer medical necessity and estimated patient responsibility. Pre-registers the account by phone with patient prior to date of service. Answers incoming ancillary phone queue line and handles all calls appropriately. Monitors call center metrics and provides exceptional customer service at all times.
- Performs a variety of scheduling tasks needed to schedule outpatient ancillary appointments. As appropriate, accurately select the correct medical record number or create a new one prior to scheduling. . Answers incoming calls from scheduling call center queue line promptly and within the standard limit set by department. Transcribes all incoming faxed orders. Follows scheduling procedure guidelines including completing procedure questionnaire with patient appropriately and providing accurate procedure prep instructions to patient as provided in the EMR/EPIC scheduling module. Communicates with referring physician offices to obtain corrected valid orders or obtain missing information or to inform them of inability to schedule the order due to inability to make patient contact. Documents EMR/EPIC thoroughly and accurately following department guidelines and standards.
- Performs a variety of pre-registration functions. Adheres to all third party payer requirements for both government and commercial payers. Creates hospital account, and accurately encodes insurance coverage on account, determines/verifies insurance eligibility, verifies patients’ insurance benefits, determines payer medical necessity requirements, and determine patient financial responsibility and collects deposit from patient. Follows department WQ fundamentals and department standards. Updates account information as needed, and documents accounts appropriately and thoroughly following department guidelines and standards.
- Obtains procedure prior authorization from referring physician or insurance, as needed. Collects patient estimated financial responsibility and generates patient payment receipt and documents the system appropriately and thoroughly as per department standards. Follows collection procedures and ensures the security of all patient credit card information at all times.
- Follows department and network policies concerning discounts, package rates, payment plans, and financial assistance options. Provides feedback to department leadership on changes/updates implemented by insurance. Follows HIPAA policies at all times. Follows hospital care standards and provides exceptional customer service at all times. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.