FirstBank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Operations Specialist
at FirstBank & Trust
FirstBank Lubbock Bancshares began with the vision of one man, Barry Orr, and a promise. Barry promised his wife and friends that he would start a bank that would become profitable through relationships, hard work and determination. "It is our goal to be the BEST community bank in the Lubbock area," states Barry Orr, Chairman & CEO. "We knew we could help build a better Lubbock by serving the needs of customers our way."The Retail Operations Specialist will coordinate customer interactions in a professional manner, support the department with administrative tasks, and provide information about products and services to internal and external customers. The Retail Operations Specialist adheres to all bank policies and procedures.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs weekly/monthly quality control reviews including but not limited to: Customer Information Profile, Signature Card, Customer Due Diligence, and Beneficial Ownership reviews.
2. Responds to both internal and external customer inquiries through a variety of mediums such as: e-mails, chat, telephone, etc. in a courteous and timely manner as outlined in the department’s established service levels.
3. Assists internal and external customers with troubleshooting, recommending possible solutions, or determining when to escalate a problem to management or referring to a technical expert within the area.
4. Answers all incoming phone calls and routes to the correct person and/or department.
5. Assists with all banking deposit product inquiries including: checking, savings, certificate of deposit, internet banking, debit card, and mobile banking.
6. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of products and services
7. Refers unsolved customer grievances to designated departments for future investigation.
8. Analyzes the Teller Cash Reconciliation reports and performs research, as needed, to reconcile the General Ledger.
9. Analyzes the Proof Suspense report and performs research, as needed, to correct outstanding items.
10. Monitors cash over and short totals on a monthly basis and reports any discrepancies to the Bank Operations Manager and Retail Management.
11. Reviews Reg CC hold notices and verifies proper hold was placed on account in accordance to Reg CC guidelines.
12. Responds to Heartland Deposit Operations requests to resolve outstanding unposted items. Corrects outstanding items on deposit recons by contacting bankers.
13. Completes and returns incoming audit confirmations for customer accounts.
14. Prepares monthly deposit reports and provide to management.
15. Processes request for adding and removing levies/garnishments received from IRS and other government agencies.
16. Prints new account letters and gives them to the President to sign and then mails out signed letters.
17. Performs process verification of deposit as requested. Verifies customer account information for government agencies (social security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.).
18. Reviews all returned mail and follows proper procedures for contacting customers. Distributes incoming faxes to employees from internal e-fax mailbox.
19. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
SECONDARY & NONESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
1 Associate’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 3 -5 years of customer service experience required; Experience in a Teller, Item Capture, or Retail Sales function, preferred.
2. Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
3. Knowledgeable of electronic banking services such as internet banking, bill payment, mobile banking, and ATM/debit card, preferred.
4. Previous experience using social media, instant chat, and e-mail.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of current technologies such as tablets, computers, and smart phones.
6. Knowledge of general banking practices, preferred.
7. Knowledge of Fiserv Signature, Desktop Sales, Footprints, preferred.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
It's always more fun to say "hello" and "thank you" in person, but in today’s electronic world, such opportunities are often diminished. Taking time to visit our career site might be the beginning of a relationship, or it might be one more way of continuing a relationship that has been in place for some time. Either way, we would like to say "welcome" to FirstBank & Trust and extend an invitation to visit us any time at any of our locations.
At FirstBank & Trust, we believe that outstanding customer service is the most important core value we can offer you. Our employees strive for it by understanding your particular situation and providing products and services that exceed your expectations. We know that customer trust and satisfaction must be earned every day and in every way. We pledge to demonstrate this each time you use our bank, on site and online.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will